PR for Start-ups is part of a growing number of masterclasses run by Virgin StartUp to give entrepreneurs the practical skills and tools they need to start, fund and scale a successful businesses.
About this class
Would you like to be featured in newspaper articles, on the radio and on TV but don’t know where to start?
If you want to get free editorial coverage in magazines, newspapers, on radio and on TV then you have to have a story that will interest the journalist, and that means finding a newsworthy or “sexy” angle to what you do.
This is completely different from your USP and is not about what your customers like about you. It’s all about what a journalist will find interesting.
Who is this class for?
Start-ups and SMEs serious about building their business and their brand
Businesses looking to generate new leads and build a reputation
Organisations looking to stay ahead of the competition
Anyone looking to hire a PR agency
Entrepreneurs looking to build a platform for themselves and their business
What will you take away from it?
- An understanding of how the media works;
- Clarity on what a journalist will find interesting about your business;
- PR ideas, specifically for your business, that you can action immediately;
- An outline structure for a press release for your business;
- Knowing how to find contacts for journalists and how to use those contacts;
- How to do all of this in just a few hours a month;
- Inside knowledge to help you choose the right PR agency in the future.